The freedom to direct your own care.
An alternative to nursing home care that connects Veterans with the supports and services needed to live independently in their community.
Who is eligible?
- Enrolled in Veteran's Health Administration.
- Have a VA primary care team through local VAMC.
- Meet medical eligibility through VA assessment.
- Able and willing to manage own support services and care plan.
Explore the Services That Support Your Independence
- What services you need.
- Who you want to provide services.
- When, where and how you receive services.
- How much you are willing to pay for services.
Some Services You Can Direct
- Personal Care Services
- Homemaking Services
- Home Delivered Meals
- Home Modifications
- Assistive Technology
Achieve Optimal Wellness
- Increase overall independence.
- Support ability to remain living in the community.
- Enhance community inclusion and family connection.
- Decrease dependency on formal supports.
Develop A Plan
Your VIC Advisor will help you...
- Assess your needs.
- Explore service options.
- Create a service plan and budget.
- Enroll your chosen providers.
- Identify additional resources and supports.
For more information or to get started, contact a VIC Advisor in your area.