Calling for YOUTH in Gillette, Casper, Laramie and Cheyenne!
WIL is looking for youth with disabilities ages 14-24 who have a strong desire to be involved in their community, develop leadership skills, and act as peer mentors.
You will design, plan and initiate activities “by youth, for youth”, be ambassadors of Wyoming Independent Living, and use your talents to strengthen services for youth with disabilities. You will have the opportunity to raise awareness about issues affecting youth and people with disabilities, and impact your community through advocacy and service projects. All this while highlighting your skills and abilities, and developing new ones!
Personal experience with a disability is required.
Benefits of YAC
- Increase youth presence and influence at Wyoming Independent Living
- Encourage youth public service
- Develop leadership, advocacy, organizational and empowerment skills
- Improve community access for people with disabilities
- Develop friendships
- Create networking opportunities with community partners
- Have fun!
Applications for the Youth Advisory Council are being accepted May 1 through May 31, 2017.
If interested, please complete an application and submit to:
Independent Living/ Youth Transitions Coordinator
305 West 1st Street
Casper, Wyoming 82601
Applications are available in alternate format upon request.