To apply for open positions, please send resume, cover letter and list of 3 professional references:
Mail: 305 W. 1st St., Casper WY
Community Choice Waiver Case Management /
Visually Impaired Program Specialist
(1 Full-Time Position - Rawlins)
The work of Wyoming Independent Living is grounded on the Independent Living (IL) philosophy which maintains that persons with disabilities are the best judges of their service needs and how to receive those services. IL services are intended to assist consumers to attain the highest degree of independence and self-reliance possible.
WIL Program Specialist is responsible for providing the five core services of a Center for Independent Living:
- Information and referral (I & R)
- Independent living skills training
- Personal and systems advocacy
- Peer support, and
- Transition services to youth and adults
The Program Specialist works with individuals on the Community Choices Medicaid Waiver program who are interested in managing their own personal care providers. Specialist coordinates in-home services and supports and provides employer training so that consumers can effectively hire, train and supervise their own self-help assistants, or provides case management for those who use home healthcare agencies to provide for their daily needs.
Specialist will also work with older individuals with vision loss through WIL's Visually Impaired Program, maintaining professional contacts with human service professionals, agencies, vendors, educators, and providing service to individuals with significant visual disabilities. Position involves extensive travel throughout the service area.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Performing comprehensive consumer interviews to establish goals for independent living
- Ensuring compliance with program rules and regulations
- Maintaining accurate and timely consumer records
- Preparing reports and completing agency paperwork within established deadlines
- Conducting community outreach and education activities
- Promoting interagency collaboration to improve service delivery systems for people with disabilities
- Travel throughout designated service area to meet with consumers and other stakeholders
- Participate in staff training and related conferences/conventions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Social Services or related field required
- Experience at a Center for Independent Living preferred
- Personal experience with a disability preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
Wyoming Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.